Recipe: Prime Rib of Bison Fajitas, with Three-Chile Rub
We recommend North American Bison, check out Bison Bluff Farms right here in Cobden Illinois. Run by Clifton and Kim Howell, Bison Bluff Farms has over 350 Bison roaming on more than 1000 acres.
– 1 8lb Bison Prime Rib.
– 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
– 2 cups beef stock
– 1 cup red table wine)
– 2-3 fresh organic tomatoes
– 1 fresh head of romaine lettuce
– fresh flour tortillas
Three Chile Rub:
– 3 tablespoons Darn Hot Peppers ground poblano chile
– 2 teaspoons Darn Hot Peppers ground chile de arbol
– 2 teaspoons Darn Hot Peppers ground mirasol chile
– 2 teaspoons dried oregano, Mexican preferred
– 1 teaspoons sea salt
– 1 teaspoon Darn Hot Peppers Herb Shaker
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw for 1 hour before roasting. Using a knife, poke small holes in the meat and insert the garlic into them. Coat roast with three chile rub to taste. Place in a large roasting pan, bone side down. Roast for 15 minutes. Decrease heat to 350 and roast for 1 hour for medium-rare. Remove and place on a cutting board to rest. Place roasting pan on top of stove over medium-high heat. Add the wine and beef broth cook 10 minutes, stirring and scraping up any brown bits and reduce by half. Salt to taste. Slice meat and pour on some of the reduction.
Slice prime rib in thin strips and garnish w/ tomatoes, lettuce and tortillas and serve as the perfect plate of Southern Illinois Fajitas