Spicy Sweetcorn Recipe…thanks to a friend
We found this one on [the chili up north blog] on Aug.09, 2011
We’ve been roasting corn on the cobs for the last few years at Pepperfest, and you can expect to find lots of spicy corn this year as well. here is another great method for cooking corn.
From Chili up north blog…”How long you cook the sweetcorn for will depend on the size of your sweetcorn and how hot your pan is. There is a very similar recipe in the Mexican Food Made Simple book too.
- 1 Corn on the cob per person.
- Small knob of butter, per person.
- Pinch of paprika per person
- Pinch of chilli powder or chilli flakes per person.
- Pinch of lime zest per person
- Teaspoon of lime juice per person.
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your griddle pan up so it’s smoking hot, place corn on and cook until it goes golden and shiny or starts to pop, keep turning so that it’s cooked all round.
- Melt the butter in another pan and add the chilli, paprika, lime zest and lime juice and a little salt and pepper, stir well.
- Once the corn is cooked drizzle the butter over the corn and enjoy.”